Allowing Others Access to My Health Record
There are two ways that additional family members can be added to a registered user's account. Listed below are both ways and the differences between them. Either option you select, you will be able to see the additional health record in your registered account.
Share a Record
The Share Record option in MyCareCorner allows you to share your health record with other people, such as a spouse, parent, or children. Sharing your record allows them to view and update your health information, depending on the level of access you give them. Access can be changed or removed at any time.
View a video on Sharing your Record with Others
Instructions to Share Your Health Record
- Each user are registered users with their own accounts in MyCareCorner. (e.g. each registered user has their own unique username and password for MyCareCorner)
- When sharing your health record, you have the option to set what security level you will give the trusted user. There are three options:
- Read Only Means that the person you share with can read your information. NOTE: Remember that you are also giving the person the right to connect applications to your record with the same access level.
- Read and Modify Means that the person you share with can read, write, update, and delete information in your record. Note: Remember that you are also giving the person the right to connect applications to your record with the same access level.
- Custodian Means that the person you share with can read, write, update, delete, and share information in your record.